Introduction of the portal
Visa Developer is transforming the way companies connect to Visa’s network and technologies by offering developers direct access to a wide range of APIs. Our available APIs enable developers to integrate payment methods, help manage risk and fraud and provide general network service solutions. We continue onboarding new Visa APIs, opening up opportunities for our developers to build the next commerce solution.
Best Overall Developer Portal
Over the past year, the Visa Developer Center has made new portal enhancements driven by user feedback to remove friction and provide more comprehensive developer guides. The result? A richer developer experience, with tools to implement in a very scalable manner for both novice and seasoned developers.
- New pricing framework educates users on different models that govern pricing for specific
- Revamped Community UX with a new navigation, journey tiles of popular forum topics and fresh
- profile pages to encourage peer-to-peer connections.
- Commercialization guide provides details on how we have standardized and simplified our
- contract structure to work across all capabilities
- Increased number of live webinars to train users on how to deal with common issues
- Technical tutorials based of forum metrics and insights giving developers content they asked for
Developers have access to an integrated sandbox, and an API explorer to experience the API endpoint and request/response parameters. And they can count on support from applicable development guides, technical documentation and SDKs, every step of the way.
Best Community Spotlight & Outreach
Let’s code together. Over the past year, the Visa Developer Center has gone through a complete revamp to enrich the portal’s developer journey with the launch of a new Community UX. The new features facilitate what community engagement is all about - connecting users to each other to fuel relationships and facilitate knowledge exchange. Our community offers experiences and additional value beyond the
products. Here’s what’s new:
- A prominent primary navigation, with dropdowns exposing the structure of the community plus big wayfinding tiles at the top of the page help users find solutions quicker. The journey tiles are accompanied with context about the content that lies behind the click. This takes developers to forum threads or blogs that are most relevant to where they are in the process – whether that’s new users looking for getting started support or developers who prefer to learn by watching a tutorial.
- New profile page design features stats, DM-ing and following capabilities, elevating options for p2p interaction and connections.
- Asking users for their contributions by serving up unanswered forum topics in order to get veteran users to share their own troubleshooting tips and experiences.
- Plans underway to recognize Visa Developer Top Members who share a common goal: facilitate a welcoming supportive environment. They inspire and lead other members to greater levels of participation by answering questions.
Best Developer Dashboard
The Visa Developer evolution continued in 2019 and 2020 by including improvements to our user dashboard. The dashboard’s interface is easier to navigate, surfaces contextual information with clear call to actions and integrated with email to help ensure developers receive curated resources when they need them. This means, the moment a user creates their account and logs-in, support modules and tips are readily available, guiding users through each step in their path from sandbox to production - providing for a quicker go-to-market time.
Visa Developer Dashboard Key Features:
- Alert bars embedded seamlessly on page during creation of an API project
- Quickstart guides specific to APIs chosen, populated to dashboard homepage
- “Feeling lost?” A support module always a click away to help better understand the process
- Overviews of the API status clearly indicated through green/red light
- All the main data a user needs presented in navigation - API Keys, credentials, sample code, test data and assets
- Nurture email campaign can be trigged from dashboard activity - sending additional tutorials and guides, personalized to where in the journey they are so they have all the tools to keep going